A 12 week supported programme of physical activity for moderate to high risk Coronary Heart Disease Conditions
The Exercise Referral Programme is a physical activity programme aimed at people aged 16 and above, including buddy referrals with moderate to high risk Coronary Heart Disease conditions.
The Exercise Referral Programme includes 12 week supported programme of physical activity, at a heavily reduced cost, under the guidance of an Active Lifestyles Development Officer. The physical activity programmes on offer include gym based sessions, swimming, exercise classes, walking and cycling groups, through to community based activities.
The programme includes a full health screening before, during and after, including blood pressure, lung functions, weight and waist circumference checks. There will be motivational support throughout, the offer of reduced price memberships after the 12 weeks, plus 12 months of follow up support to ensure you continue your healthy lifestyle.
All physical activity programmes are geared towards your individually desired goals, and also gives you access to specific “Active Sefton” sessions to encourage group support and help you to meet new friends.
What are the Benefits?
- Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- Better control or reduced chance of developing high blood pressure
- Helps control diabetes
- Aids weight loss, improves body shape and increases muscle tone
- Increases bone density, muscular strength and endurance
- Improves respiratory function
- Improves mobility and can help reduce pain
- Decreases anxiety, stress and depression
- Improves self-esteem, confidence and independence
- Helps improve sleep
- Allows you to meet new friends
- Improves mood and productivity
- Improves both physical and mental wellbeing, reducing the chance of future poor health
To access the programme you must exhibit one of the following:
- High blood pressure (medicated)
- Angina (treated and stable)
- Mental health (anxiety / stress / depression) (medicated)
- Post heart attack or heart surgery (not under investigation)
- Diabetes type 1 & 2
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Overweight / obesity (BMI 30 +)
For more information about the Exercise Referral Programme, please contact the Active Lifestyles Team on 0151 934 2352 or Active.email@example.com